Monday, January 24, 2011

First Post

So... retire at 40.  By my rough calculations, that's 4 years, 7 months and 20 days away.  Gulp.

There are many things I need to do before then - renovate my house so I can rent it out, buy somewhere cheap in Nelson (destination of choice) and save money like a demon over the next few years.   I've already started by quitting the job I hated and taking one that lets me work from home. I figure this saves me oney and makes me less likely to spend money on stupid things to cheer myself up!

Hopefully this blog can track my progress.  I want to talk about how I'm saving money, how renovations are going, searching for a Nelson home, what I'm doing to cut corners and related things. 

Penny pinching, frugality, general tightness with money.  Growing some food.  Recycling things to use again.  Getting stuff for free. Going without.

And the difficulty that this raises with Mrs Possum, who is into very few of these things, except for the gardening.

This could get embarassing.  Please don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment