Thursday, January 27, 2011

day in auckland = $61

Well, I managed to get an earlier flight, which was great.  hooray!  Ate up large at the Auckland lounge so didn't need any lunch ($10 there I reckon.  Is this getting stupid?) I also secreted some more sprite ($3) and other bits and bobs.  Excitingly, on my way home I became the proud owner of another large plastic plant pot and a huge roll of gutter guard for free ($10).  I'm planning on using the gutter guard as either trellis for Mrs Possum's peas and beans.  Perhaps I may even use it as gutter guard.  Stranger things have happened.

So, final total for today = $38 + $23 = $61 indirectly saved by my stealth frugality.

In other news, the plumber is coming at 8am tomorrow.  8am!  Two early mornings in a row, I'm such a moaner.  This does mean that bathroom things are all happening, and happening really quickly.  Yay!  That is good, as Mrs Possum is not into the no-shower action.

She's talking a day off work on Monday to help clear stuff from the backyard (while the skip is here) and turn it into a veggie garden.  I'm really excited, but still a little unsure about how the dogs will cope.  At the moment it's their loo.  Hmmmn.

I should do a post on the dogs soon.  They're a big part of my life :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment